Saturday, October 10, 2009

Toshiba 40XV645U As a PC Display

I just got this TV a few days ago. I don't watch much television, only a movie now and then, LOST, and a few subtitled anime shows I download a few days after they air in Japan. I bought this mostly to be my PC monitor for games, internet, and photoshop art.

I used a DVI-D to HDMI cable to connect it, however, I couldn't use it in any widescreen resolution but 1280x720. 1600x1200 was the best resolution I could get, but that wasn't widescreen. It was only a gpu drivers issue, and a quick update of the drivers and Catalyst Control Center was enough to take care of the problem. Now I'm running 1920x1080 in Windows, which is awesome on this display. World of Warcraft on max graphics settings in 1080p looks amazing. The colors and the blacks just pop! I can't wait to try out a newer game with more cutting edge graphics!

I highly recommend this TV for anyone who wants a 40" PC display. To think I almost spent 300 dollars more for a similar Sony or Samsung. As long as this thing lasts, this TV is way better than I could have imagined and I think it was absolutely the right choice amongst my options.

Other things to note-

To be honest, the sound might not blow your socks off, but it's solid and clear. The Sony and Samsung cases/frames look better IMO too, but that's purely cosmetic.

Picture is surprisingly good with normal non HD cable in 480.

No comments:

Post a Comment